The French Institute has invited French artists Théo Vallier and Chifumi to gather Cambodian and International graffiti artists and ask them to create murals on Phnom Penh’s walls.
This collaboration will give rise to many street art events, featuring: Chifumi et Théo Vallier, Peap Tarr & Lisa Mam, Tones, David Myers, Koy, Venk, Eltono, Alias 2.0.
• THURSDAY 23 APRIL at 6.30pm: OPENING PARTY
– Théo Vallier and Chifumi will present their murals at the French Institute
– Live painting performance by the artist
– Khmer hip hop concert with KLAPYAHANDZ featuring Sreyleak, AGO, Tempo, Chesda, Serey, Oun & Heng, Ouk & Ayut, Khmer Pride, Khmer Tor Sou, Chamreoun
– Exhbition by Skateistan: discover the first skateboards made in Cambodia and decorated by urban artists!
– Light painting photo exhibition by Alias 2.0
– Live T Shirt Painting
– Selfie Booth
• SATURDAY 25 APRIL at 2pm: THE URBAN ART TUK TUK TOUR
Registration on Sat 25 April at the French Institute from 12.00
A tuk tuk tour will take the public from one mural to another, allowing participants to discover the style of each of the 9 graffiti artists of the festival.
The tour will end at Le Moon Terrace bar, a partner of the Cambodia Urban Art Festival, who will offer a free cocktail to the participants!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOUR IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND AN ID DOCUMENT IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE MURAL OF THE FRENCH EMBASSY.
• THREE MOVIES ABOUT STREET ART will also be screened at the French Institute (free entrance).
Vandal, by Hélier Cisterne : Fri. 24 April at 6pm and 8pm, Sat. 25 April at 10am
On the wall, by Denis Ramos and Jérôme Decol : Sat. 25 April at 6pm
Scratch Music, by Denis Ramos : Sat. 25 April at 5pm
Artistic directors and graffiti artists : Chifumi et Théo Vallier (France)
Graffiti artists: Peap Tarr (New Zealand, Cambodia) & Lisa Mam (Cambodia), Tones (Switzerland, Cambodia), David Myers (Cambodia), Kimchean Koy (Cambodia), Venk (U.K.), Eltono (France)
Street Art evening on Thursday 23 April at 6.30pm @ the French Institute: http://on.fb.me/1Gb5pKf
Street Arts Tuk tuk Tour on Saturday 25 April at 2pm @ the French Institute: http://on.fb.me/1CB4yMM
See also: What’s on at the French Institute in April 2015